The Corn Island Airport is located at the center of the island of the same name about 70 kms. To the east of the Atlantic Coast of Nicaragua, in the Caribbean Sea, approximately 20 minutes by flight from the city of Bluefields.
It has an asphalted track and in regular state, with 1,900 mts. Of length by 30 mts. Wide with capacity to receive aircraft such as the Cessna Grand Caravan, Short 360 or Let 410 and AN-26, ATR-42, ATR-72. It is used daily for scheduled flights 3 times a day currently only the airlines La Costeña, as well as charter flights (aerotaxis) for general aviation aircraft.
The aerodrome has a control tower equipped with ground-to-air (VHF) and ground-ground (HF) communication equipment for the control and security of airport operations. Its hours of operation are from 6:00 a.m. to sundown, every day of the week.
INFORMATION OF INTEREST FOR THE VISITOR
Corn Island for its great natural beauty has an almost virgin tourism potential, with expectations of a great development. Its main economy is based fifty percent in the fishing of shellfish and the other fifty percent the tourism.
Here is information * with some of the services available on the island of Corn Island:
• The commercial airline that fly to Corn Island is: La Costeña, tel. 028-55-131 to 132.
• The most common means of transportation on the island is the taxi. The cost of the race is C $ 18.00 per person. After 10:00 p.m the cost is C $ 25.00 per person.
• From the airport to any part of the island C $ 20.00 and vice versa from either side to the airport C $ 20.00 per person.
• The rental of a taxi costs C $ 200.00 per hour.
• There is a shuttle bus that goes around the island. The cost of the ticket is C $ 10.00 per person.
• Other means of transportation available to the visitor are bicycles, golf carts, scooters and motorcycles. The company Car Rental rents bikes for US $ 2.00 an hour, motorbikes and scooters $ 25 two hours and $ 40 a day, golf carts $ 35 two hours and $ 75 a day.
• The island of Corn Island has a perimeter of 15.5 km paved in its entirety, where most of the stores, shops, hotels, restaurants and bars are concentrated, thus allowing optimum conditions for the transitability of its inhabitants.
• The cost of the boat trip between Bluefields and Corn Island is C $ 250.00 per person. The trip in panga to go to Little Corn Island is C $ 130.00 per person, with an approximate duration of 30 minutes.
• Banks: Banpro, Banpro agents and Rapi Bac
• The most important hotels are: Hotel Arenas Beach (tel. 2249-1820) Hotel Casa Canada (tel. 2575-5878), Hotel Le Paraiso (tel. 2575-5111), Fisher's Cave Hotel (tel. 2575-5191 ), Hotel G & G (tel. 2575-5262). There are also the Picnic Center cabins (tel. 2575-5204) and Hospedaje Angela Rooms (tel. 2575-5134).
• Litle Corn Island (small Maize Island) prices for single rooms ranging from US $ 10.00 to US $ 30.00 and from US $ 45.00 to US $ 60.00 for air-conditioned rooms. Most of the hotels are located on the shores of the beaches with a splendid view of the sun and the sea. On this island you will find the Hotel and Restaurant Los Delfines (tel 2575-5239) and 5-star hotel Yemaya Hotel (tel. 8239-5330)
• The most visited restaurants along the beach are: Mary's Restaurants, Fishers cave, Sea side grill, Seva's, Big fish among others.
• Disco Bars: In the center of the island are the Darrien's Bar Rest & Karaoke, Sky Discoteque, Acuario Bar, Spekito Bar. In all usually Caribbean music, Rasta, Reggae, Soca and Garífona music are heard.
• In Corn Island there is a Tourism Office in Corn Island City Hall (tel. 2575-5091 and 2575-5099). Your representative is Ms. Sherilee Taylor Downs.
* Information of subject courtesy to changes without previous warning. The EAAI does not become person in charge of their exactitude and content. It is responsibility of the traveller to verify the same.