1. TAX EXEMPTION FOR PERSONAL EFFECTS
Each passenger or head of family must fill out a customs declaration form and is allowed to enter the following goods:
Clothing, personal items, toiletries, make-up, recreational items, and medicines in limited quantities which are necessary or appropiate to meet the needs of the passenger.
A camera or video recorder.
A portable audio recorder and player
A portable computer or typewriter.
Other items in limited quiantities for personal use only.
20 packets of cigarettes or 50 cigars or 500 prepared sheaves of tobacco and five liters of alcoholic beverages per passenger of legal age.
Up to two kilograms of candies.
In addition to the pieces of baggage, goods with a value of up to US$ 500.00.
2. PAYMENT OF DUTIES
In addition to baggage, each passenger may enter goods after paying the respective taxes, provided that the commercial value does not exceed US$2,000.00. These goods may not be in commercial quantities and are subject to non-tariff regulations and restrictions in force.
If a passenger enters goods of a value greater than indicated above, the goods mus tbe cleared through a customs agent.
Each passenger or head of family must fill out the attached declaration and allow their baggage to be inspected by customs officers.
Steps for completing the form:
- Provide your personal information in the respective boxes.
- If entering declarable goods, describe the goods and indicate individual and total value of the goods in the respective boxes.
- Indicate an individual exemption of up to US$ 500.00, or multiply this amount by the number of family members who are traveling with you.
- In box 3, indicate the difference between the total value of the goods and the value of the exemption.
- If the value is positive, apply 25% of the value of the merchandise as the subtotal in box 4.
4. INSPECTION SYSTEM
Complete and submit the customs declaration form and, if necessary, pay the respetive duties at the cashier's window.
ACTIVATING THE CUSTOMS INSPECTION MECHANISM (STOPLIGHT):
A) Red light: your baggage will be checked.
B) Green light: your baggage will not be checked and you can leave.
Any false statement shall be subject to the provisions regulating imports, exports and other activities under the Customs Fraud and Smuggling Act.
For more information please call: (505) 233-1624 al 28; ext. 2316, 2318.
TO BRING MONEY IS NOT A FAULT, NOT TO DECLARE IT, IT IS