The International Augusto C. Sandino Managua Airport is aware of its responsibility to society for the protection of the environment.
This responsibility has led to the EAAI to establish a commitment to environmental excellence, which responds to environmental social demands that guarantee sustainable development of air transport through the principles:
- Respect and protect the environment as a basic objective in managing activities EAAI.
- Respect and ensure compliance with laws and regulations of national environmental protection and internacionla force.
- To reconcile the development of air transport with environmental conservation.
- Prevent air pollution that may be associated with the activities of the EAAI, with technical and economic means available to minimize emissions.
- Promote actions designed to minimize noise levels of aircraft.
- Promote actions designed to minimize gas emissions from both aircraft operating at the airport and transport.
- Rationalize the consumption of energy and resources naaturales through energy efficiency and the progressive use of renewable energies.
- Promote reasonable use of water in the different airports.
- Encourage reuse, recycling and waste management in a respectful with the environment.
- Communicating environmental policy to all employees, contractors and concesarios of EAAI.
- Educate staff through training and awareness about the importance of protecting and preserving the environment, encouraging their participation in the fulfillment of the objectives.
- Provide for the promotion of environmental education campaigns at the airport, and support programs preservation of flora and fauna.